Surgeons are able to practice on the actual device they’ll be using the OR and can practice anytime, anywhere in a completely immersive environment.
- Flexibility: The virtual reality platform can readily be updated and customized. Training on new technologies is more easily accomplished when combined with onsite training.
- Fidelity: Surgeons are able to practice on the actual device they’ll be using, and can practice anytime, anywhere in a completely immersive environment.
- Collaboration: The platform creates a virtual operating room that allows for collaborative training for the whole team, including surgical techs and nurses. Up to 10 staff can train in one module, regardless of where they are in the world.
- Reach: The system allows for remote mentoring and coaching.
- Measurement: For the first time, the technical ability and competency of a surgeon can be seen at a granular level. The ability to demonstrate that surgeons and hospital staff are proficient in the procedure increases patient safety and medical device adoption.
Watch Justin Barad, MD, in his TED Talk on the Surgical Training.